Public Service Commission Examination 2073
Answer of KEY ‘A’ and KEY ‘D’
PSC Exam 2073
Answer of KEY ‘D’
1. Which among the following are the best tools for fixing errors on disks?
2. …….. runs on computer hardware and serve as platform for other software to run on.
a) Operating System
3. The operating System Creates…….from the physical computer.
b) Virtual Computer
4. The Primary function of an operating system is:
a) To make most efficient use of the computer hardware
5. Thesaurus tool in Ms-Word is used for
c) Synonyms and Antonyms
6. Which tab in Font dialog box contains option to apply font effects.
a) Font tab
7. Which of the following is not of the merge process?
b) format a main document
8. A screen element of Ms Word that is usually located below the title bar that provides categorized option is..
a) menu bar
9. A word processor would most likely be used to do?
d. Type a biography
10. If you need to change the typeface of a document, which menu will you choose?
11. …..is a tool in word which apply same format to different character/paragraph?
c) format painter
12. …..switch the page between portrait and landscape layout.
13. …..enables several people to work to create and update a document
c. Document Collaboration
14. When a hyperlink is created, word format the web address as…
d. underlined and colored blue
15. Workbook is collection of…
16. Short cut key to bring format cells dialog box is…
17. The cell reference $A$5 is a….
b. Absolute Cell reference
18. Function to get sum of the contents of the cells A1, A2, B1, B2 is..
b. =SUM (A1:B2)
19. To Edit the content of cell….
d) All of the above
20. Graphical representation of worksheet data…
21. Filter option is used to…..
d. Extract the records that meet given criteria
22. The Formula = IF(A1>B1, A1-B1, B1-A1) gives
b. Positive difference of A1 and B1
23. How do you display updatable current date in Ms Excel?
24. a function inside another function is called …
a. Nested function
25. What are the different views to display a table
d. All of the above
26. In a database table, the category of information is called….
27. The key uniquely identifies each records…
a. Primary Key
28. …..enables you to view data from a table based on a specific criterion
29. A database Language concerned with the definition of the whole database structure and shema is…
30. In Microsoft Powerpoint in order to ee all the slides n one screen use..
a. View, Slide sorter
31. What are the three option available in insert>>picture menu
c. Clip art, form file, Autoshapes
32. Which of the following font effect is not available in powerpoint font dialog box.
33. Full form of HTML is ..
a. Hypertext Markup Language
34. In Html …..tag is used for hyperlink an external document..
35. To set Background color we use:
c. <Body bgcolor=”color”>
36. IBM 1401 was brought to prepare the census report of …
b. 2028 BS
37. Transistor is related to…..generation of computer.
38. The ability to recover and read deleted or damaged files from a criminal’s computer is an example of a law enforcement specially called
c. Computer forensics
39. An area of computer that temporarily holds data waiting to be processed is …
40. For reproducing sound, a CD(compact disk) audio player uses a….
c. Laser Beam
41. Unicode standard is…
c. Character encoding system
42. A fault in a computer program which prevents it from working correctly is known as…
43. Program developed according to the requirement specific to an office is…
a. Tailored software
44. The difference between people with access to computers and the internet and those without these access is known as the …
a. Digital Divide
45. Cache Memory….
b. Placed between main memory and microprocessor
46. Which one of the following printers is suitable for printing sprocket fed carbon copies?
b. Dot Matrix
47. ….are set of rules and procedures to control the data transmission over the internet
48. Which of the following is a File attribute?
d. All of the above
49. …..are used to identify a user who returns to a website
50. Windows 7 supports which of the following file system?